Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Curiosity often gets the better of me
I'll try [almost] anything once
I've learned [the hard way] that I do have limits
But I'm not afraid to push myself
I've spent most of my life outside of my comfort zone
Outside of myself.

Reasons abound, good and bad
For why I've so often abandoned myself
Denied myself, just plain ol' forgotten myself
More often than not, it began with I was just curious...
By another name, discontent.

It keeps me interesting. Keeps me interested...
In life, my curiosity, that is.
I highly doubt it will ever go away.
I hope it never does.
But with you, it doesn't drive me anymore
It has found its proper place.

With you I don't have to be something that I'm not
More importantly I no longer want to be something that I'm not
Being me is good enough.
It's not a fight or a battle anymore.
I no longer feel lost more often than found.
No need to justify or rationalize
Don't feel the need to defend myself.

I can't explain it
Words don't do justice
To the feeling inside my chest
I guess you could call it home.







2 comments: